Friday 11 July 2014

Emboss Resist for Craft Stamper

I am delighted to be sharing this with you, it's my GDT slot for this months Take It make It challenge over at Craft Stamper. The slot is part of my prize from being lucky enough to be chosen as a winner for 'Pink Gingko' , then the technique revolved around potato printing. This month it's all about 'Emboss Resist'.



I started with a 8x8 canvas board and stamped some little patches of text in versafine spanish moss. I then stamped and clear embossed a mixture of flourishes and text stamps. The flourish stamps are La Blanche and Crafty Individuals.


Then Distress Inks, well I used several and they included peeled paint, bundled sage, broken china, salty ocean, chipped sapphire and dusty concord but I'm sure I used a few others as well. Then some spritz and flick with water.


Hopefully you can see the versafine text underneath the emboss resist.


Now for the flowers, I used the TH tattered florals die and cut them out of cotton paper, as it was a special project. It holds the shape beautifully and has a texture which works so well with the canvas background. I used the same technique on the flowers. The leaves are die cut using TH garden greens die.


The sentiment is from a Lin Browns Eclectica set. This part was a happy accident, I'd used the same emboss resist technique but there was far to much ink on the cotton paper so I thought I would try washing it off (like you do!) the top layer of paper around the edges of the text just gently rubbed off leaving a lovely distressed look....and I did it twice so I knew it wasn't a fluke.


I added a little bird and flower.....and to finish, yes just a smidgen (good word) of  treasure gold. Please hop across here to see some wonderful inspiration from the design team. I do hope you'll be inspired to create something as there's a fabulous prize of WOW embossing powders to be won. Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful canvas Ruth, I love the happy accident! it really works well with the piece, and lovely flowers. I like the word smidgen! it makes me smile, I always use tickle as thats often how I apply treasure gold. Have a great weekend. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and beautiful composition Ruth,so glad that you won that challenge,well deserved :)

    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so stunning, Ruth! Beautiful colours, the emboss resist is gorgeous and the flowers are so pretty! All together an amazing piece of art!
    All the best,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just a stunning piece of work Ruth. Love the colours and those beautiful flowers.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work Ruth. Looks fantastic.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous texture, colors and Canvas, Ruth. I love your flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the colors you used, they are wonderful! Thank you for the walk through on how you made the canvas, it is very helpful, thanks for sharing:) Have a nice day~kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Ruth. I love all the textures and the colour scheme works really well.
    Thanks for sharing the process.
    Have a great week and happy crafting Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful,lovely colours and tachnique.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful canvas, love the colours Ruth! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love the elements you chose to use and the embossed resist worked beautifully. Lovely colours too!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous canvas Ruth, love the resist technique and you happy accident is just fabulous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.