Tuesday 7 April 2015

3UP alert...Dinky Dominoes!

Hi everyone, I have a 3UP post over here on the PaperArtsy blog tonight. I was absolutely delighted to get another chance to do one. Please do hop across and have a look at the other wonderful 3 UP projects as well.


I got to use the new blues I had and created a box canvas...and it was literally a box that I covered with canvas because I couldn't find the size I wanted. I coated it with gesso after I had added some grunge paste around the sides and a section in place of the missing domino!



As I've explained on the PA blog, I wanted to have a go at a miniature project and had these teeny weeny dominoes saved from Christmas crackers. There about 2.5 x 1.25cm.


They all had a coat of blue oyster fresco after sanding them lightly.


I'll briefly explain what I used on each one so if we are working our way across from left to right, the top row is 1-6, middle is 7-12, bottom 13-17.

  • 1, 7, 11, 13 & 16 have 2 coats of the translucent glass blue ( I adore this colour), then black archival stamping and some tiny metal findings brushed with treasure gold in silver. 7 & 11 have stamping in snowflake fresco before highlights with metallic glaze were added
  • 2, 10, 14 & 15 have glass blue stencilled through a TCW stencil before archival stamping, 8 has stamping and a finding as above.
  • 3, 5 & 12 have a coat of china fresco, then stamping in snowflake fresco & metallic glaze highlights. 9 has china fresco then black stamping.
  • 4 & 17 had grunge paste through a stencil added, with silver treasure gold and yes dinky shrink plastic bee & butterfly additions.
  • 6 had a crackle finish before black archival stamping.
Lynne Perella, Sara Naumann and PaperArtsy ink & the dog, hot picks and mini stamps were used.




Hope you enjoyed my 3UP post and might be inspired to join in with the current challenge over here on the blog. Thanks so much for stopping by.

22 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth your project tonight is my favourite because you have used so many different techniques and each one of your miniatures are a tiny piece of ArT. I would be so proud to have your canvas on my wall so i hope you are showing it off somewhere!!!

    Mo :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth loving this. Gorgeous variety of techniques and love the colour scheme too.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous array of textures and techniques and they look lovely displayed all together xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too hope you have this stunning artwork on display. It's fantastically striking! Fabulous piece. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ruth, your canvas is beautiful, the blues are perfect. Hope it's hanging in pride of place x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning work Ruth. I absolutely love the colours, the stamps, texture - everything!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous panel, beautiful works of the each blue tiles and the tiles layout are perfect. I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous panel, beautiful works of the each blue tiles and the tiles layout are perfect. I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Ruth, this is positively stunning in every sense of the word! The blues are gorgeous and I love all the techniques you have used - now, where did I put those dominoes...... ! Gorgeous work, I love this! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful - so much to take in - I don't think I'd have the patience to do all this xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Ruth, amazing project! So many wonderful patterns and designs...and on such small surfaces! Love the vibrant blue! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your canvas is beautiful - the dots work beautifully and I love how they match the sides. The dominoes are exquisite and I love the details in each one - fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing!! I love what you've done with the dominoes!! I've been trying get hold of dominoes for ages but they just don't seem to be about anymore. Think I'm going to try and hunt a bit harder as this is just beautiful!! Hugs, Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what an amazing collection and such a great idea to place them on a canvas (so clever to make a box canvas your self...). Each one of your dominoes is a little piece of art in itself, and I love the blue tones!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth, I love your canvass, and the use of the texture paste on the sides is fabulous!! I had no idea they made dominos so small - what a lovely collection you've made, with those beautiful, dreamy blues...... wow! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful. Love your design. Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dominos are wonderful,Ruth.
    So beautiful little art pieces each! Love both the stenciled ones, and the stamped ones. They are such a fantastic collection, on your homemade canvas!
    Dorthe, XXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ruth, This is a stunning project and just loving the blues. A fabulous make for the Paperartsy blog and well done on the spot there.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really loved this over at PA - fabulous work!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am SO in love with this Ruth! So many miniature works of art perfectly displayed! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really can't believe I missed commenting on this fabulous post Ruth because I loved it when it appeared on the PA blog! All the different techniques on the dominoes and then together on the canvas creates a gorgeous piece of wall art. I so want to use this inspiration.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.