Sunday 26 November 2017

Leaf print

Hi everyone, I can't remember the last time I sat down to make something that wasn't for a deadline of some sort, but I have snatched a little time this afternoon to enter the PaperArsty 'Shades of White' challenge...although this is a last minute entry into the challenge!
Life has been pretty hectic and although I've doodled and dabbled and been exploring eco printing of leaves on paper during the summer I've not yet made or finished anything until today.

Here's a little canvas I made this afternoon with a tiny leaf print.


I loved the topic intro (my kind of style) and all the posts have been inspirational but when I saw the Florence Adam post here, I knew I wanted to create a finished project.

Just a few step outs and apologies for photo quality this was tricky to photograph in the fading winter light.


I love using up scraps and there are so many shades of white in my scraps! I have used some gesso to soften some of the creamier tones.


It was fairly quick to assemble and there is some stamping on the vellum under the leaf print and I added a 'W' for white.


I think I went a bit overboard with the art stones though.




A rather quick blog post and here's a final pic.


In case you're wondering it's a eucalyptus leaf and I hope to do a blog post soon about my experiments with leaf printing, so watch this space.

As always thanks so much for stopping by and wherever you are I hope you're creating art!  R x

14 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Ruth. Love how you put all the scraps together. The leaf looks totally magical. An outstanding piece from you as usual! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can’t have too many art stones can you??? Glad you found some time to play! We love seeing what you make and I thought this topic was a bit of you !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That leaf is fabulous, great texture on your glorious canvas and so very beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Ruth! It's so cute! Love all the layering! And looking forward to see your experiments with the leaves stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Ruth, love the delicacy and the wonderfulmtexture from all the layers. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful composition Ruth, love all of the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful collage!!! I'm glad you got a little play time and could make such a wonderful project for the challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning. I love how all the funky elements work so well together and give this piece such an organic feel.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! Amazing that something so lovely can be created from scraps.....when manipulated by someone with your talent and creativity. Glad you made time for something for you (us?)!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Ruth, it is so gorgeous, yes it is my style with all the layers :-) and in neutrals even more, I so love the skeletons in between all the layers,and will surely be back to see your leaf printing experiments, this is stunning !!! Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning shades of white and glorious layers and textures, Ruth. And your leaf print deserves pride of place.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Ruth!! This is absolutely exquisite!! What a glorious piece! I love your organic artwork!!
    Jackie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful Ruth and its clear that you enjoyed making it xx The leaf print looks amazing and I thought you have used an encaustic technique xx

    Sending my best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.